What are head lice ?
Head lice are creepy crawlies that live in human hair. They cannot fly or jump but can run at a rate of 9 inches per minute. They are usually passed on by direct head-to-head contact with another person. And can also be found mainly at the back of the head or behind the ears, while sometimes appearing on the eyelashes or eyebrows.here are some ways to get rid of head lice.
Symptoms of head lice infestation :
Your child’s head and hair may have been infested by lice if he exhibits the following symptoms:
- Constant itching
- Irritability or having trouble sleeping
- Swollen lymph nodes or glands
- Sores due to scratching
- A tickling sensation on the head.
- The scalp is injured, bloody or crusty
- Lice are not visible.
100% Effective Home Remedy to Get Rid of Head Lice :
mustard oil and camphor (kapoor) :
• You Will need :
- 5-6 tablespoon of mustard oil
- 1 small packet of camphor (kapoor)
• What you have to do ? :
- Mix both of it very well.
- Apply this oil to your scalp till it looks saturated.
- Use this at night.
- Apply shampoo to remove the excess oil and rinse and comb out the dead lice.
• How often you should do this ? :
Repeat this process a few times till you see no more lice or red bumps on your hair and scalp.
— If more lice, then do this twice in a week.
— If less lice, then do this once in a week.
Make sure you wash his clothes carefully after every session.
Head lice facts :
- Head lice are parasites that are found on humans head.
- head lice spread from one person to another person by head-to-head contact through direct contact with the hair of an infested person. Although less common, head lice can spread by personal contact or the sharing of combs, brushes, caps, and other clothing.
- head lice are a common issue with preschool and elementary school – aged children.
- head lice cause a stimulating feeling of something moving in the hair, itching and sores on the head .
- the affected other persons , relatives, and friends also infected, and the home all should be treated.
- Remember : one head lice + one head lice = two head lice = the beginning of a head lice infection.
- very young children should be evaluated by a health care professional before beginning medications.